Interested in Volunteering at Youth Pride, Inc.? There are several ways you can get involved! If you are a youth between the ages of 9 and 23 who is interested in volunteering, please reach out to a staff member directly.
It’s hard to put in words how much YPI has meant to me. It’s just so much. I didn’t know there was this whole group of people who would care about me and not try to change me. Not try and change me? I had been fighting that for so long, and here I didn’t have to.
We are currently looking for volunteers 24+ who are:
- Interested in working with our Youth Programming Counsel to plan an activity within the drop-in center such as a workshop or training.
- Interested in helping keep our center clean! YPI does not have a contracted cleaning service, and no matter how youth and staff stay on top of it, our center gets dirty! If you are interested in dedicating regular time to sweeping, dusting, mopping, etc, we could use your help!
- Interested in helping out at our annual event.
- Interested in facilitating an identity-based group.
- Have a large truck and time to assist with hauling furniture as we update our space.
- Have the following skills to offer:
- Organization/Interior Design
- Drag-related skills
- Self-defense or martial arts
We occasionally have volunteer needs for one-time events, such as cleaning days, Pride support, Annual Event support, etc. Once you have filled out the volunteer form, your email will be added to a list and you will then receive electronic requests for these opportunities.
YPI is great. It’s like my family. We all support each other and take care of each other.
For adult volunteers 24 years and older, please fill out the volunteer application here.
Upon receipt of your application, staff will contact you to set up an interview. Please allow a few weeks for this process. At the time of the interview, or before you can start volunteering in the space, we will need to get a copy of a recent Bureau of Criminal Information (BCI) check. A BCI check can be obtained from the RI Attorney General’s office with a check or money order for $5 (no cash). Follow this link for further information.
Join Our Board of Directors
If you are interested in being a member of our Board of Directors, please contact email@example.com.